Director/Senior Director of Immuno-OncologyShare to LinkedIn Apply Now Apply Now
Leap Therapeutics (Nasdaq: LPTX) is focused on developing targeted and immuno-oncology therapeutics. Leap’s most advanced clinical candidate, DKN-01, is a humanized monoclonal antibody targeting the Dickkopf-1 (DKK1) protein. DKN-01 is being developed in patients with esophagogastric, gynecologic, and colorectal cancers. FL-301, is a humanized monoclonal antibody targeting Claudin18.2, being developed in patients with gastric and pancreatic cancer. Leap also has preclinical antibody programs targeting Claudin18.2/CD137 and GDF15. For more information about Leap Therapeutics, please visit http://www.leaptx.com.
Reporting to the VP and Head of Translational Medicine, Leap Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills to join our translational research team. The successful candidate will have a deep scientific knowledge and experience with oncology and immuno-oncology research. The candidate will collaborate with multiple functional teams, including research and clinical development, to ensure that the research and biomarker strategy is effectively implemented with timely delivery of results. The candidate is likely to have the opportunity to build, resource and head a new laboratory to facilitate Leap’s preclinical research.
• Lead the internal research efforts to support mechanism of action, biomarker research and identify novel indications and combinations for Leap’s therapeutic assets
• Independently design, execute and manage research activities from discovery through clinical development
• Manage CROs responsible for the generation of pre-clinical data
• Potential to identify, build, resource and lead a new research laboratory
• Contribute to clinical documents such as, INDs, IBs, regulatory submissions, laboratory manuals and clinical protocols
• Function as a scientific thought leader inside the company for immune-oncology research as well as cutting edge platforms and technologies
• PhD in cancer biology, immunology, biochemistry or molecular/cellular biology
• 7+ years of pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience in oncology or cancer immunotherapy with an emphasis on immunology
• Leveraging pre-clinical tools/assays to understand mechanism of action, uncover novel biomarkers and identify potential future indications and combinations
• Proven track record of leading research teams including direct reports and managing CROs
• Technical expertise in murine and in vitro models, IHC, RNAscope, flow cytometry, genetics, RNA-Seq, NanoString, qPCR and ELISAs
• Competency with bioinformatic datasets and experience collaborating with bioinformaticians to analyze publicly available datasets
• Excellent communication skills and the ability present results in a clear and concise manner
• Excellent interpersonal skills, personal integrity, professional manner and ability to gain respect and develop good working relationships with cross functional personnel at all levels
• Prior experience in setting up and resourcing a lab is preferred
Leap is an equal opportunity employer and extends equal opportunity to all individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic disposition, caregiver status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, credit history, criminal history, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives.