Leap Therapeutics (Nasdaq: LPTX) is focused on developing targeted and immuno-oncology therapeutics. Leap’s most advanced clinical candidate, DKN-01, is a humanized monoclonal antibody targeting the Dickkopf-1 (DKK1) protein. DKN-01 is in clinical trials in patients with esophagogastric, hepatobiliary, gynecologic, and prostate cancers. Leap has entered into a strategic partnership with BeiGene, Ltd. for the rights to develop DKN-01 in Asia (excluding Japan), Australia, and New Zealand. Leap has a strong financial position and in September 2021 closed a public offering with gross proceeds to Leap of approximately $104 million. Leap is based in Cambridge, MA. For more information about Leap Therapeutics, visit http://www.leaptx.com
Leap Therapeutics is seeking a motivated individual with substantial biologics analytical development and quality control experience to be part of a growing oncology company.
Work within a highly collaborative team environment to assist in developing and implementing operational plans to meet project timelines and the company’s business objectives.
Leap Therapeutics is seeking a self-motivated individual to join our team in the role of Associate Director, Financial Planning and Analysis. Reporting to the Senior Director of Business Development and Finance, this position will lead financial analysis within the organization, supporting all departments including the Clinical Operations, CMC, and Research groups. This individual will be responsible for reporting on financial results, coordinating and preparing strategic plans, budgets and forecasts, assisting the Accounting department in closing the books, and overseeing spending against numerous external contracts. They will also prepare and give presentations to senior management level personnel at various times.
Unique opportunity to work with senior members of the management team on important activities such as investor relations, business development, as well as fundraising efforts. Exposure to external parties such as bankers, strategic partners, vendors, etc.
• Responsible for the coordination and development of financial strategic plans, budgets and forecasts for various departments. Presents financial plans and budget-to-actuals variance analysis to senior management.
• Accurately prepares the monthly expense accrual for patient clinical trial costs and associated charges, which is subject to auditor review each quarter.
• Improves departmental financial performance by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
• Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses.
• Works with various project teams to quickly understand any changes in plans and the impact they will have on the financial forecasts/budgets for each project.
• Maintains processes and procedures in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements as errors in the accounting responsibilities can lead to weakness findings in internal controls.
Education / Experience / Skills:
The ideal candidate must be able to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously, work across multiple departments in a matrix environment, and keep financial information confidential.
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance, (MBA a plus); 5-7 years financial analysis with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the life sciences industry (prior clinical finance experience preferred)
• Proven financial analysis and reporting background. Strong excel modelling ability.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, flexible, hands-on, proactive and self-motivating in a collaborative team-based environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision on individual assignments, with the ability to prioritize activities efficiently
Leap is an equal opportunity employer and extends equal opportunity to all individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic disposition, caregiver status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, credit history, criminal history, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives.